The purpose of the Finance Committee is to advise and assist the Board of Trustees in ensuring the sound financial management of the congregation. They work with the Treasurer to advise the Board on financial matters, supporting the Treasurer as needed in carrying out their responsibilities. They are instrumental in maintaining
transparency and accountability in our financial dealings by:
• Ensuring adequate procedures are in place regarding the handling of money and financial reporting
• Reviewing and approving the annual budget before it is presented to the Board
• Participating in and supporting the annual canvass
• Communicating with Council members about financial matters.
• Keeping the congregation apprised of our financial status through regular communication in the newsletter.